FINESCE - Future INtErnet Smart Utility ServiCEs
Knowledge Transfer and Networking
As one of the consortium partners of the EU research project Future INtErnet Smart Utility ServiCEs (FINESCE), B.A.U.M. was in charge of public relations work, knowledge transfer and establishment of networks between the energy and IT sector driving forward internet based solutions for a more efficient energy supply.
FINESCE was the smart energy use case project of the 2nd phase of Future Internet Public Private Partnership Programme (FI-PPP) funded by the European Union within its 7th framework programme for innovation and research. FINESCE tested the applicability of the FI-WARE platform, which was developed within the framework of FI-PPP, for the energy sector. The consortium consists of 31 partners from industry and research from 14 European countries.
Together, they have implemented seven user trials to test innovative web-applications and services for the area of energy.
The overall aim of the project is to meet the growing requirements of decentralisation and fluctuation of the electricity grid due to wind and solar power.
- Main responsible party for dissemination and knowledge transfer
- Concept and organisation of networking events in different interactive formats for partners and stakeholders
- Establishment of the “FINESCE Innovation Community” consisting of innovative companies, especially SMEs
- Dissemination of the FINESCE know-how and networking on trade fairs, conferences and workshops
- Editorial management of the project website and social media channels